Application Instructions - Progard Ultra
• For new roofing and reroofing with tear-off ;
• Seals against water damage from ice dams and wind driven rain ;
• Ideal protection on eaves, in valleys, along ridges, at roof perimeters (rake edge) and as joint flashings ;
• For maximum protection, PROGARD ULTRA can be applied over the whole roof deck.
• Store inside or under cover ;
• Avoid storage over 32°C (90°F) ;
• Stand upright.
SURFACE PREPARATION :
• New Construction : Deck must be dry and frost free. All dirt, dust and protrusions must be removed ;
• Reroofing : Remove all shingles, felts, nails and metal from roof deck area. Deck must be dry and frost-free. All dirt, dust and protrusions must be removed.
• Always apply PROGARD ULTRA directly to the wood deck. Do not apply over shingles, felt or insulation ;
• Do not leave exposed to the sun for more than seven days ;
• While PROGARD ULTRA has a non-slip surfacing, it can become slippery when wet or covered with frost. Do not walk on the surface under these conditions ;
• Use on dry decks when air and surface temperatures are over 4°C (40°F) ;
• The space under the roof deck must be properly ventilated.
1] Cut PROGARD ULTRA into lengths of 3 to 4.5 m (10’ to 15’) ;
2] Align this material along the edge of the roof and reroll ;
3] Peel back about 30.5 cm (12”) of release film backing and adhere the peeled area. Reroll to the adhered portion ;
4] Pull on the release film backing to unroll PROGARD ULTRA and press the material into place to ensure tight bond. If the membrane deviates from the roof line, cut and start as above mentioned procedure ;
5] Starting at the low point of the roof, work upward. Apply PROGARD ULTRA by laying the roll horizontally and extending up the roof, from the eaves, to a point at least 30.5 cm (12”) beyond the interior wall line. On low slope roofs (2-4”/ft. or 2/12 to 4/12) PROGARD ULTRA must be extended a minimum of 61 cm (24”) beyond the inside surface of the exterior wall. This requirement may vary depending on location. Check your local building code for minimum requirements ;
6] End laps must be a minimum of 15.2 cm (6”), side laps a minimum of 10 cm (4”) ;
7] For multiple courses overlap product by 50 mm (2”).
Roof Perimeter (rake edge) :
1] Apply as on eaves, aligning material along the edge of the roof ;
2] On slopes, always start at the low point of the roof and work upwards ;
3] Only one width of PROGARD ULTRA is required for perimeter protection ;
4] End laps must be a minimum of 15.2 cm (6”).
Valleys, Hips and Ridges :
1] Cut PROGARD ULTRA into required lengths of 1.2 to 1.8 m (4’ to 6’) and reroll ;
2] Fold PROGARD ULTRA in its center and align it with the center of the hip or ridge, at roof/wall joints,or in the valley, starting at the low point and working upward ;
3] Peel off the release paper as needed ;
4] Press the material into place, working outward ;
5] End laps must be a minimum of 15.2 cm (6”).